Refresh Your Weeknight Chicken Dinner with This Easy, Impressive Stuffed Mediterranean Chicken
No one would ever guess this chicken dinner takes just 30 minutes (and very little prep) to perfect.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Think stuffed chicken breasts are a recipe that’s far too fancy to pull off on busy weeknights? We’ve got a recipe that’ll make it a breeze—and get dinner completed in half an hour, with only a little cleanup needed afterwards. This Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken is one of the easiest dishes ever, and yet it’ll make you look like a total pro in the kitchen.
Stuffed chicken, or stuffed meat of any kind, doesn’t have to be challenging. In fact, this recipe is so easy, both the prep and cook time total just 30 minutes. That’s right: You can create what looks like an intricate meal in half an hour. There’s no flattening, rolling, or mess involved, either. With a single cut and and easy-to-whip-up filling, you can elevate your basic boneless, skinless chicken breasts. And you don’t have to wait around for dinner to be ready to serve.
Plus, this simple chicken recipe rolls all of your much-needed nutrients into one dish. From the spinach (your leafy greens) to the peppers (which are packed with vitamin C) to the chicken itself (a lean protein powerhouse), it’s as well-rounded as it is easy to master.
If you’re hoping to make dinner more exciting or a little fancier, this easiest-ever Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken will deliver.
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped + more for garnish
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tsp. each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine spinach, roasted red pepper, basil, mozzarella and one-half of each salt and pepper.
- Insert a thin paring knife into thickest part of breast and slice down the side to make a 3-inch pocket. Stuff pocket with filling, dividing evenly between the 2 breasts. Secure with a wooden pick. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high, heat oil. Add breasts, top side down, and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Gently flip chicken and transfer pan to the
oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove wooden pick and slice chicken before serving.