The 15 Real Struggles Of Life As A Runner
The struggles of running are very real.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Running isn’t something most people simply choose to do, it’s our lifeline. Most of us aren’t just running, we’re running for our lives! But being a runner isn’t easy! It takes a lot of sacrifice, hard work and dedication! Here are 15 struggles all runners run in to…(Get it!?!? GET IT!?!?).
1. Trying to wake up early to run.
2. Getting dressed and fighting the urge not to get back into bed.
3. Motivating yourself to get out the door when you’re just not in the mood to run.
4. The necessary evil that is foam rolling.
5. Waiting what feels like decades for your GPS watch to get a signal.
6. Dance running like a fool when your jam comes on your running playlist.
7. Getting lost running in a new city.
8. Trying to stay hydrated.
9. The terrifying prospect of having to go to the bathroom during a run.
10. Or having to wait in long porta-potty lines on race day (and hoping and praying there is toilet paper if you forgot to bring your own).
12. Waiting at stop lights.
13. Being passed by faster runners.
14. Making sacrifices to your social life.
15. People who walk right in front of you when you’re running.
The struggle may be real but it’s always worth it because running reminds you that it’s not about how badly you want something; it’s about how hard you’re willing to work for it! It doesn’t matter if your goal is to run around your block or to run a marathon, we are all running to push our limits and see how far we can go! Until next time, #RunSelfieRepeat.
Read More From Run, Selfie, Repeat:
10 Frustrating Realities Of Juggling A Social Life And Running A Marathon
11 All Too Real Stages Of Needing A Bathroom On The Run