Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
New Balance FuelCell Impulse: NYC Marathon
It has been said that women who wear black lead colorful lives. New Balance’s FuelCell Impulse NYC Marathon shoes are a nod to the most metropolitan city in the world, where black is always de rigeur and something is always happening. This lightweight cushioned trainer uses every technical feature in New Balance’s arsenal to provide a smooth ride during either a race or your weekly long run. Here is some of this shoe’s unique features:
- An external heel cup acts as support and structure without adding weight to the 6.7-oz. shoes.
- A nitrogen-injected REVlite midsole provides cushioning that absorbs impact and returns energy via two distinct phases.
- New Balance’s “Launch Angle” outsole gives optimal forefoot roll throughout the entire foot strike and toe-off throughout 6mm of drop.
- The black mosaic print on the double-jacquard upper celebrates New York’s cultural melting pot.
- Copper detailing on the tongue and shoelace tips pays homage to the Big Apple’s biggest female celebrity: the Statue of Liberty.
- A form-fitting bootie sockliner construction provides a snug feel at the ankle.
The FuelCell Impulse is available now for $135 through New Balance’s website.