8 Fall Marathons To Sign Up For Now
If you've been undecided about running a marathon in the fall, here are a few of our favorites that still have open registration.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Do you have FOMO from all your friends who are marathon training? Have you gotten roped into running 16- and 18-mile runs even though you aren’t signed up for a fall marathon? Are you thinking about maybe just maybe running a fall marathon but don’t even know what the options are?
I’ve got help! Read on for a few fall marathons that still have space for you to sign up!
- Richmond—November 12. They don’t call this one America’s friendliest marathon for nothing. It is such a great race and entries are still available. It was my first marathon and I highly recommend it! If you do sign up, you can check out some of my tips to run Richmond here.
- Steamtown—October 9. Rated the sixth best marathon, this is a super popular one. The weather is typically great for running and the course is beautiful (and mostly downhill).
- Maine—October 2. Still open and less than $100 for a full marathon? Sign me up! The course is described as “moderately hilly”, which in my experience means it’s a beast but it will probably be a beautiful beast!
- Long Beach—October 9. With an early start time (6 a.m.) and a generous course limit (7.5 hours), this race would be a fun one to add to your calendar if you are on the West coast or planning a fun race-cation.
- Portland—October 9. In its 45th year, Portland is known to be good for first timers and walkers. And don’t forget the Portland rose that finishers get!
- Twin Cities—October 9. Almost full! If you are thinking about this one, you need to get on it—it’s 95% full as of this writing!
- Charlotte—November 12. This is another Saturday race—I’m a big fan because I feel like you can still have your weekend after you race. This one is great because you can register at the expo—which is rare for marathons!
- Outer Banks—8 Fall Marathons To Sign Up For NowPerfect for a race-cation. I love the Outer Banks and this just seems like a really fun race weekend. With a limit of 2500 entrants, there will be plenty of room to PR in this one!
What marathons are on your list?
4 Ways To Stay Cool This Summer To PR In The Fall
Life Lessons Learned During A Marathon