Your GPS Watch Can Now Generate Personalized Emails from Women’s Running
Join Women's Running, Trail Runner and Outside Run to have your GPS watch generate ultra-specific email updates based on your activities and goals.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
What if you could receive updates from Women’s Running that were tailored specifically for you, using inputs from your GPS watch, using your daily workouts and training runs? If you record runs with a Garmin, Suunto, Coros, or Polar GPS watch, look no further.
Imagine you are a 32-year-old runner, eat mainly plant-based, and are training for your first marathon this fall. Last week you logged 35 miles, 90% on roads in Seattle, Washington. Receiving Women’s Running updates about running your best 100k or making steak fajitas might not be very useful to you, right?
What if, instead, your emails included the perfect recovery recipe of seared garlic tofu on a bed of coconut basmati rice. Or fifteen must-do training tips to clobber your first marathon.
These all sound far more specific to your personal goals, location, and lifestyle.
Look, no one has time for irrelevant email updates. So leave Spam City and join Trail Intel, an exclusive new pilot initiative by Women’s Running and our sister brand Trail Runner. Help us develop a nuanced understanding of your interests so that we can cut to the chase and design email updates specifically for you.
Getting started is simple: You share training data from your GPS watch. We take it from there.
Run Intel is the future.
Beta testing starts now.
This step will navigate you away from the Women’s Running website.
- Who is this Intel for?: Dedicated runners who are data-driven and who use their GPS watches (Suunto, Garmin, Coros, Polar) to regularly track training and progress-to-goal.
- If you have an Apple Watch, Fitbit, Oura Ring, or other wearables, hang tight! After this beta round, we plan to make these compatible, too. Let us know if you have a specific device you’d like us to make sure and include in future development.
- Trail Intel beta testers with Women’s Running will join our Data Exchange Program through PWR Lab, our technology partner who processes all your wearables data. PWR Lab allows you to connect your devices and import data that helps us understand your lived experience. Creating an account is free and takes a few seconds.
- After signing up for Trail Intel with Women’s Running, within a few weeks you will start receiving a custom-built newsletter, rather than our normal weekly newsletter. The content fed into your update will be specifically matched to you based on the GPS watch data you’re sharing with us.
- These email updates will look distinct from regular Women’s Running. You’ll know the difference right away when you open the email.
- You’ll only receive Intel if your data offers a confident match to appropriate content. This may not happen every single week. Less is more!
- Feedback is highly encouraged. This is a pilot project for us to be more specific in our email updates, informed by data from you, and taking out guesswork on who you are and what you need. Look for a survey at the footer of each Intel and let us know how well these emails match your profile. This is an exciting new technology, and we’re committed to making it better and better.