It’s not really a secret that I am a huge advocate for interval training. (I love it so much that I wrote a book about it!) Interval training is a great way to get in a short, efficient workout, burn fat while preserving muscle, and increase aerobic capacity and speed. While I’m a fan of time and distance-based intervals, my absolute favorite type of interval training is what I call musical cardio: you let the music dictate your workload. Because, let’s be real, nothing is more sad than doing a time-based interval and the timer beeps just as your jam is starting to kick in.
Here are some of my all-time favorite songs for interval training. Recover during the verses, and sprint your heart out during the chorus:
Warm up, 5-7 minutes, moderate pace and incline. Loving “Whistle (While You Work It)” by Katy Tiz for warm-ups right now.
Flat incline (around 1%); recover (walk or jog) during the verses, sprint (as fast as you can) during the choruses unless otherwise noted
Related: Living Healthy On A Budget
1) Break Free (feat. Zedd)- Ariana Grande
2) My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark- Fallout Boy
3) Titanium (feat. Sia)- David Guetta
4) Shut Up and Dance- Walk the Moon
5) People Like Us- Kelly Clarkson
6) Outside (feat. Ellie Goulding)- Calvin Harris
7) Djembe Beats – Del Gado (30 second sprint, 30 seconds easy; 1 minute hard, one minute easy; 2 minute tempo; 2 minutes easy)
8) Beautiful Things (Fay & Mina 2014 Remix)- Andain
Cool down and stretch. (Great cool down song is “Open Air” by Lemolo)
Hope you enjoy!! What’s your favorite “sprint your heart out” song?