Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Reprinted with permission from No-Bake Vegan Desserts by Christina Leopold, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Christina Leopold
- For the donuts, put the rolled oats, cashews, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, coffee granules and salt in a food processor and blitz until the ingredients reach a floury consistency. Add the pumpkin purée, dates and vanilla extract and blend further until you have a dough consistency.
- Separate the dough into six to eight parts and roll them out into sausage shapes before placing them into a silicone donut mold. (If you don’t have a mold, you can shape them into donuts with your hands.) Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by heating the glaze ingredients in a double boiler over simmering water until they have melted. Whisk well until smooth and remove from the heat.
- Line a tray or plate with parchment paper. Take the donuts out of the silicone mold and dip one side of them in the glaze. Put them on the prepared tray and freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Once set, remove the donuts from the freezer and dip them into the glaze for a second coating. Sprinkle some coconut sugar on top of the glaze and place them back in the freezer for another 5 minutes before serving.
- These donuts can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 to 5 days.
Note: If you can’t find pumpkin spice, you can make your own by mixing 1 tablespoon (8 g) of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of allspice and ½ teaspoon of ground cloves.