Runners who are training for fall marathons are short on time. Actually, let’s face it, all runners are short on time. Enter the slow cooker, the savior of all taste buds waiting for a flavorful reward at the end of a day of responsibility-filled day.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili doesn’t require you to turn on the stove or preheat the oven. In fact, once you’ve got your slow cooker plugged in and your ingredients on hand, you can toss everything in and get a well-rounded meal cooking with little to no effort.
While slow-cooked meals are popular during the coldest months of the year, they can be a huge help during the summer, too. Plugging in your slow cooker won’t generate as much heat as using your stove or oven, allowing to you cook entire meals or protein-rich mains without warming up your whole kitchen or home. Plus, you can step away, enjoy time at work or outdoors, and come home to an almost-ready dinner.
And we’ve made this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili extra easy. There’s no prep required to get cooking; once a full six hours have passed, your only to-do is shredding the tender cooked chicken before serving. It’s a time-saver, allowing you to cook throughout the day and get on the table without additional steps required. For more easy slow cooker recipes, try:
- Slow-Cooker Thai Green Curry Chicken
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie with Sweet Cherry Sauce
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- In a crock-pot, combine chicken thighs, beans, corn, salsa, broth, cumin, chile powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken using two forks; stir into the stew. Portion into bowls and top with a squeeze of lime juice, 1 tablespoon crumbled cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 507
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 175 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 48 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 1,350 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g