It’s Pumpkin-Spiced Everything Season. Get In the Spirit With These Waffles
Wake up to these pumpkin-spiced waffles, made with a blend of almond and coconut flours.
Sure, the Pumpkin-Spiced Latte and the hundreds of offshoot products that it inspired might be the brunt of too many end-of-summer memes and stereotypes, but whether you’re team PSL or not, there’s no denying that there’s something magical about the flavor combo that drives 424 million dollars in sales a year for Starbucks. Well, we say save your bucks and make these light and fluffy grain-free Pumpkin Spiced Waffles instead.
- Elyse Kopecky’s Rules for Storing Muffins and Waffles
- Post-Run Brunch Bliss Awaits With This Banana-Pecan Pancakes Recipe
- Shalane Flanagan’s “Superhero” Muffin Recipe
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops marine collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp granulated monk fruit swetener (TRY: Now Foods Organic Monk Fruit 1 to 1 Sugar Replacement)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp each pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp ghee, for serving
- 1⁄2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- Prepare waffles: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée and coconut oil. Whisk in almond milk and vanilla.
- To wet ingredients, add almond flour, collagen, coconut flour, monk fruit, flaxseed, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Preheat a waffle maker and grease with additional coconut oil. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare pecans: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, monk fruit and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir to coat. Transfer to a small pan over low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent burning. Season with salt.
- To serve, spread waffles with ghee and sprinkle with pecans.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze one serving of leftover waffles; store pecans in an airtight container at room temperature. Thaw and reheat in a toaster oven when called for.
- Serving Size 1⁄2 of recipe
- Calories 668
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 208 mg
- Fat Content 60 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 25 g
- Sodium Content 523 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 10 g