Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Make painting your claws part of your pre-race routine to feel fierce down to your fingertips. These designs created by marathon runner and creative director of TopCoat PARRIS HODGES are perfect for shredding the course.
This graphic pattern is inspired by sprinter blocks and track spikes for chicks who want to get their Lolo on.
YOU’LL NEED: painter’s tape; silver, teal and black nail polish; topcoat
1. Paint your nails with two coats of silver polish and let them dry completely.
2. Cut a piece of tape and apply diagonally across your nail. Since this is an abstract look, there is no wrong or right way to do this. Just remember the exposed area is how your shape will appear.
3. Paint the uncovered part with your teal nail polish. Remove tape immediately and allow nail to dry completely. Repeat on all your fingers, creating different shapes on every nail.
4. Take two pieces of tape. Starting from a corner of your nail, stick them on to make an angle shape pointing into the center of your nail. Remember the exposed area is what you will be painting.
5. Paint the exposed area with black paint and remove tape immediately. Allow paint to dry completely. Repeat on all your nails creating different black “spikes” on each.
6. Finish nails off with a layer of topcoat and then hit the track.