*Courtesy of Nourish Move Love
It’s official—I’m finally ready say summer’s over, strap on my boots and jump into fall. Bring on the apples, pumpkin, squash, lattes and cider (and red vino, too). These Pumpkin Oat Balls are the result of me being overly excited on Sunday and purchasing numerous cans of Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin—it was on the aisle endcap (gets me every time). But seriously, this is one of my fall staples. I make a batch weekly and pop them in the fridge. They are the perfect pre- and post-workout snack and are also great crumbled on top of some greek yogurt for breakfast.
As an added bonus, this popular fall ingredient has way more to offer than just its comforting fall flavor. Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene, which per the National Institute of Health gives a healthy boost to your vision, heart and immune system. You can learn more about the health benefits of pumpkin here. If you’re lucky, you might even have all these ingredients in your pantry right now.
No-Bake Pumpkin Oat Balls
- 1 can pure organic pumpkin puree
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds (or raw nut of choice)
- 1 cup dried cherries (or dried fruit of choice)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (I personally use 2-3 tsp)
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Optional: ½ cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Roll into individual balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to one week.
* Makes large batch (about 8-10 servings), serving is 2-3 balls.
** Store in refrigerator or freeze leftovers.