I absolutely love to run with music. When I am not out running with friends, I most definitely have my wireless headphones in my ears as I listen to my favorite songs. Music motivates me to keep going. Certain songs give me a second wind. Some lyrics help me to think more positively, and there are many times that the fast beat of a song pushes my legs to go a little bit faster to match the beat.
I will be running the St. George Marathon in less than two weeks, so I have been working on my perfect playlist. In a marathon I usually do the first 8-10 miles without music. I try to enjoy the scenery and focus on not going out too fast. At about mile 10, I put on my music. It always gives me the boost of energy that I need to get through the rest of the race!
Here is what I will be listening to as I tackle marathon number six!
1. Timber– Pitbull
2. Pain– Jimmy Eat World
3. Can’t Hold Us– Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
4. Till’ I Collapse– Eminem
5. Love Runs Out– One Republic
6. Sweet Nothing– Calvin Harris
7. 300 Violin Orchestra– Jorge Quintero
8. My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark– Fall Out Boy
9. Run the World– Beyonce
10. Turbulence– Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki
11. Miss Jackson– Panic! At The Disco
12. Turn Down For What– DJ Snake & Lil’ Jon
13. Shake it Off– Taylor Swift
14. Wild Ones– Flo Rida
15. On Top of the World– Imagine Dragons
16. The Distance– Cake
17. Sandstorm– Darude
18. Dog Days are Over– Florence and The Machine
19. Heart of a Champion– Nelly
20. Save The World– Swedish House Mafia
21. I Will Wait– Mumford & Sons
22. Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)– Kelly Clarkson
23. Radioactive– Imagine Dragons
24. The Strength To Go On– Rise Against
25. Remember The Name– Fort Minor
26.2. Fireball– Pitbull
Follow along with Janae’s playlist on Spotify! Click here.