You Can Make This Healthy Take On Ferrero Rocher At Home
This recipe is a healthy spin on the classic candy.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These healthy chocolate hazelnut truffles are a take on the classic Ferrero Rocher. What’s even better? They are healthy! Made with avocado and Stevia-sweetened chocolate, you won’t feel guilty about having one—or three—as a snack!
Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Makes roughly 24 truffles
- 2 avocados (or around 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa power
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 24 whole hazelnuts
For the coating:
- 1 1/2 Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Baking Bar
- 3-4 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- In a food processor process avocado, coconut flour, protein powder and dates (if dates are hard, soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes). Puree until everything is smooth. NOTE: The batter should be like a butter cream frosting.
- Form little balls with the batter (you can use a small ice cream scooper). Now stuff the center with 1 hazelnut. You should get around 24 truffles.
- Roll each truffle in the ground hazelnuts making sure it sticks to it. Place in the refrigerator on a tray lined with parchment paper to set (optional step) while you melt your chocolate.
- Over a double broiler, chop up one Lily’s Baking Bar and place it in the bowl. Mix occasionally until it is completely smooth and melted. Now remove from the heat and add your melted coconut oil. This should thin out the chocolate and give it a nice shiny look. This will also make the chocolate hard, like a magic shell.
- Remove your truffles from the refrigerator and roll each one in chocolate. You may need to get your hands dirty here; all part of the fun! Place back on your tray lined with parchment and store in the freezer to preserve.
Storing Options: Place all truffles on a lined baking sheet in the freezer. Once the chocolate has set (around 2-3 hours) you can place in a container in the freezer. If you would like to store in the refrigerator it will last only a couple of days, which is why I recommend the freezer.
Protein Chocolate Fudge Is Your New Favorite Dessert
A Smoothie So Good, It Could Be Dessert