*Recipe appears in Healing Bone Broth Recipes by Sharon and Reb Brown, co-founders of Bonafide Provisions
Do you remember the canned green beans your mom or grandma used to serve around Thanksgiving time? They tasted like mush. No wonder we never wanted to eat any vegetables when we were kids! These sautéed fresh French green beans are a side dish that most children will eat when prepared correctly. They have a delicious crunch, and the balsamic vinegar in this recipe hides the “green taste” children complain about with vegetables.
Sautéed French Green Beans With Toasted Almonds Recipe
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tbsp (15 g) ghee or butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (415 g) fresh French green beans, rinsed
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp (15 g) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt (we recommend Selina Naturally Celtic)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Chicken Bone Broth
- ¼ cup (45 g) toasted almonds
In a large sauté pan, warm ghee and olive oil over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the green beans and sliced shallot. Add the balsamic vinegar and all the seasonings. Toss with tongs and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the broth and toss with tongs. Cover and cook until desired tenderness is reached. Remove and garnish with almonds.