Whether you’re searching through the cupboards looking for a healthy snack after a run or need to infuse a bit of new energy into your breakfast, whip up these healthy muffins and have them waiting for you—I’m willing to bet it’ll make you run a little faster.
Oatmeal Currant Muffins
Gather the ingredients. Nothing too fancy here and you can grab everything at the local market.
Whisk together all the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, brown sugar and milk).
Next, mix together all the dry ingredients (almond flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and a dash of salt).
Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
Mix together and add the currants.
Cook for 17 to 18 minutes and voila!
Oatmeal Currant Muffins Recipe
Makes one dozen muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil and milk together in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir almond flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients to form a batter. Fill the prepared muffin cups with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 17 to 18 minutes).
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.