The season is bountiful with early summer fruits, containing beneficial nutrients that can be incorporated far beyond breakfast and snacking. This easy-to-knock-out weeknight salad recipe is designed to fit in with your busy summer schedule and your nutrition plan, while featuring in-season, nutrient-rich fruit in a savory fashion.
Avocado-Grapefruit Chop Chop
Grapefruit naturally promotes digestion and acts as a potent immunity booster, thanks to its high amounts of vitamin C. This bright, tart citrus fruit pairs well with creamy avocado, which is loaded with heart-healthy fat, in this filling and colorful salad.
- 4 pink grapefruits, segments removed
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, slivered at a diagonal
- 1 cup hearts of palm, slivered
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion, slivered
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 oz. spring mix or arugula
In a large bowl, gently toss all of the ingredients with the lemon vinaigrette (recipe below) to taste, excluding spring mix or arugula. Serve the chop chop over the spring mix or arugula.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In a blender, combine all ingredients until incorporated.