Editor’s Picks: Sun Protection Essentials
This month, we are totally into sun protection to keep our skin looking glorious!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The summer may be long gone, but that doesn’t mean you should slack off on sun protection. You need to block UV rays all year round! This month, we are totally into sun protection to keep our skin looking glorious!
1. “My boyfriend and I both tried the Mission Enduracool Instant Cooling Cap ($25, missionathletecare.com)—and when the run was over, he said, ‘It’s actually cold!’ I loved the UPF protection it offers you.”
— Caitlyn Pilkington, associate editor
2. “It seems inevitable that I get burned every few years. There’s no excuse since I have a favorite sunscreen. It’s been updated this year as Coppertone Oil Free Faces Sunscreen Lotion ($9, drugstore.com), but don’t let the name restrict where you slather it on. It’s light but won’t sweat away!”
— Nicki Miller, managing editor
3. “My favorite sun protection is the Mountain Hardwear Quasar Running Cap ($30, mountainhardwear.com). It’s comfortable and has a nice-sized visor for blocking the rays, a great wicking sweatband and it never feels like a wind flap or sail.”
— Scott Draper, photo editor
4. “When you don’t feel like fiddling with sleeves or sunscreen, pop on the sassy BloqUV Crop Top ($60, bloquv.com) for fashion-forward sun protection. It delivers UPF 50, even where you can’t reach!”
— Allison Pattillo, gear editor
5. “I absolutely love Supergoop! City & Sand Sunscreen Travel Tote ($35, birchbox.com). It doesn’t have that strong sunscreen stench, and it works with sensitive skin like mine. It comes with four options for optimal protection—and the tote makes it easy to pack!”
— Erin Douglas, art director