Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We’re crushing on an adult update of school lunches that makes us pine for the grade school cafeteria days.
1. “I heart TruMoo Chocolate Milk ($6 for 6-pack, grocery stores) post-workout, because it’s an all-natural recovery drink that tastes delicious.”
— Erin Douglas, art director
2. “I’m always looking for different ways to add protein to my salads but hadn’t thought about getting it in the dressing! Nine to 12 grams of protein in the new Tru Table Protein Dressings & Dips ($32 for 4-pack, trutable.com) can be easily transported in the Tru Table Salad Shaker ($9). My two go-to flavors are Orange Citrus & Black Chia Seed and Asian Sweet Chili & Tamari.”
— Nicki Miller, managing editor
3. “Rudi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin ($5, rudisbakery.com) is my favorite part of breakfast—and sometimes lunch! Paired with almond butter and bananas for a quick sandwich, or drowned in organic eggs for made-at-home French toast, this yummy loaf is friendly on my stomach and gets me the carbs I need before a run.”
— Caitlyn Pilkington, associate editor
4. “One Yello Sunshine Original Raw Bar ($2, yellosunshinebars.com) has 200 calories of raw, gluten-free, on-the-go yumminess. The taste reminds me of a seven-layer bar—and is even better after it’s been warming up in your pack or pocket!”
— Allison Pattillo, gear editor
Related: Our 4 Favorite Nutritional Bars
5. “The supremely satisfying texture created by the healthy blend of cashews, pumpkin seeds and flax in NuttZo PowerFuel Crunchy With Chia ($20, gonuttzo.com) is delicious on toast and even better eaten straight with a spoon. Worth the nutty price tag, this is the caviar of sandwich spreads.”
— Jessie Sebor, editor in chief