5 Reasons To Run The LA Marathon Next Year
There are so many great reasons to head down to Southern California.to run this fun race.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
I ran the Los Angeles Marathon two weekends ago. It was fun, awesome, hard and kicked my butt. I loved it. I have a special place in my heart for the LA Marathon. However it’s usually pretty warm out there and this year I made the not-so-wise choice of showing up under trained. Yet there is a bright side and I’m here to share it.
Here are 5 of the BEST parts of the LA Marathon…
1. Point-to-point course means you really run 26.2 miles all through Los Angeles. You get to see Dodger Stadium, Chinatown, Hollywood and a ton of other hot spots.
2. This is the least crowded the streets will ever be.
3. You’re in Hollywood so there might be a celeb spotting.
4. It may not be perfect running weather, but it’s perfect ‘living weather’ as I call it. Basically always 76 degrees—not too shabby for pre- and post-race sightseeing and relaxing.
5. For whatever reason the LA Marathon hasn’t grown to the popularity of Chicago or New York so you can run it without a lottery or raffle or standing on your head while singing the Star Spangled Banner. So, go for it!