Sometimes it’s not your body that needs time to heal. We often run to clear our heads or to relieve stress built up from work, family or life in general. However, the run itself can feel like work that’s adding to our stress level by having to get it done. When running goes from “I get to run” to “I have to run,” it may be time for a break.
Are You Ready To Return From A Running Break?
If you have taken some self-induced time off and are not sure if you’re ready to lace up again, here are some questions to ask yourself.
- Do I feel like I have to go for a run?
- Am I afraid if I don’t go running soon that I will lose all my fitness?
- Do I want to run because all my friends are doing it and I feel left out?
- Do I feel like I have to run, because I’m gaining weight?
- Do I feel like if I take too much time off, I can no longer call myself a runner?
If you answered “no” to most of those, we think it’s time. Get out there and have some fun.