Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The Lycan is La Sportiva’s newest option for dirt lovers who have a high-volume foot and who want a lightweight trail shoe that delivers excellent ground feel. Best known for its rock climbing footwear, La Sportiva’s latest offering focuses on consistent traction, trail feedback and durability from all angles of assault. Here are some of this shoe’s unique features :
- A TPU cap prevents painful toe-rock collisions and damage to common wear points.
- Breathable? Yes. But the Lycan is also reinforced with tough microfibers.
- Expect consistent traction with the uniform Rock-Guard outsole.
- The Lycan is specifically designed for high-volume feet, so narrow-footed runners should look elsewhere.
- A mid-range drop of 6mm means a more traditional heel-to-toe offset.
- The Lycan weighs in at a trim 7.9 ounces for women’s size 7—putting it on the lighter side of trail runners.
The Lycan is available now for $115 through the La Sportiva website.