New and Reviewed: ASICS GEL-Nimbus 24
The newest version of the much-loved model only improves.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Looking for a durable, cushy, smooth-riding trainer? The GEL-Nimbus has long been an exceptional premium, neutral daily training shoe with loads of cushioning and comfort. It has evolved in recent years with the inclusion of lighter, softer, and more responsive midsole materials, making it ideal for novice runners and dedicated marathoners alike.
ASICS GEL-Nimbus 24 Review | $160
Weight: 8.7 oz. (women’s size 7.0)
Heel-Toe Offset: 13mm (36mm heel, 23mm forefoot)
Why It’s Great: The GEL-Nimbus 24 is a reliable, high-volume everyday trainer packed with loads of cushioning and comfort, as well as ample stability and a bit of propulsive energy return. This year’s edition serves up a smoother, softer ride, and a cozier, more comfortably secure fit than the previous model, plus it’s nearly a half-ounce lighter.
Who It’s For: Runners who are looking for the extra cushion, or those who need a shoe for long runs that won’t bog them down and still offer some responsive bounce.
- The step-in comfort of the stretchy, knit gusseted tongue and the cushy interior are the first indications that running in the Nimbus 24 is an exquisite experience. From there, the soft and absorbent GEL dampening wedge in the heel and the responsive FF Blast+ midsole foam cushion, guide, and propel each foot from touch-down to toe-off.
- There are very few shoes that ride as smoothly as the Nimbus 24. It’s a durable, long-lasting workhorse, but it’s as comfortable on long runs and tempo runs as it is on casual recovery runs.
- ASICS’ 3D Space Construction technology creates an individualized midsole deformation in every stride to give women runners a gender-specific ride and support for their gait pattern. What does that mean? It’s combination of a higher heel height–toe offset and a strategically designed 3D honeycomb feature that’s cut out of the top of the midsole that allows a runner to compress and flex the shoe appropriately based precisely how their foot rolls from heel to toe.
- The GEL-Nimbus 24 was designed from an eco-friendly design ethos. Its soft engineered mesh upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions, while the ASICS LITE outsole rubber is lighter, stronger, and more sustainable than standard outsole materials.
Also: In February, ASICS will release the GEL-Nimbus Lite 3 ($160, 8.1 oz.), a lightweight and extremely responsive hybrid cousin of the GEL-Nimbus 24. Its bouncy FlyteFoam midsole is made from organically derived materials and produces a peppy feel that’s conducive for tempo runs, long intervals, and racing. from 10K to the marathon.
- There isn’t much not to like about the GEL-Nimbus 24, except perhaps that it’s not light and agile enough for shorter, faster races or speed work on the track.
We are giving away four pairs of the Nimbus GEL-24! Click here to enter!