Luck Of The Lobster
Brooks’ tradition of releasing a limited-edition shoe for the Boston Marathon takes its 2018 inspiration from the elusive and–purportedly lucky–blue lobster. Considering Boston’s demanding course, we’ll take all the help we can get!
The limited edition Boston Launch 5 is available for $100 starting today on the Brooks website. Some fun facts about this unique pair of kicks, featured as the “Shoe of the Moment” in our April 2018 issue:
- The upper design is made up of nautical ropes and anchors, a nod to the city’s seafaring history.
- Brooks’ motto on the heel gives a nod to the local vernacular–Run Wicked Happy.
- This shoe is designed for a fast and responsive ride, thanks to the DNA midsole, which features Boston Harbor tidal chart lines.
- The traditional colors of the Boston Marathon–blue and yellow–are highlighted on this version of the Launch 5 shoe.
- The mesh upper is light and breathable, perfect for racing.
- The blue lobster is a rarity, with only about one out of every two million lobsters pulled up in traps being that hue.