Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We are in the middle of marathon season and it may seem that everyone around you is running a marathon—well, partly because it’s somewhat true! This is the season. However, you haven’t missed the boat if you were wavering on a marathon to close out 2015. These races below still have some openings so jump on it and get your 26.2!
- Anthem Richmond Marathon: Richmond was my first marathon and I love it. The course is beautiful, the swag is awesome and the finish is downhill. A great race!
- Baltimore Running Festival: This is one that almost every runner I know has ran and loved. Register while you still can!
- Baystate Marathon: Their motto is “for runners—by runners” and their tagline is “let us help you get your Boston qualifier.” As of this writing there are 165 spots left in the marathon. One of those could be yours!
- Las Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon: Honestly, I’d run this just for the trip to Vegas!
- Indianapolis Marathon: 2015 is the 20th anniversary of this race and the smaller size (just about 600 finishers last year) could make for a perfect race!
- Philadelphia Marathon: A fun, party atmosphere makes this race a great one for first-timers and veterans alike.
- Two Cities Marathon: Another mid-sized West Coast marathon—a good option for a mid-fall race.
- Milwaukee Running Festival: This is the inaugural year for the Milwaukee Running Festival—sign up and be a part of their first class of runners!
What are some other races you’ve loved that still have spots open? Tweet me at @EatPrayRunDC and share!