Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ever wondered if your obsession with running has gone a little overboard, making you a runaholic? If 6/10 of these apply to you, then the answer is yes! (Except for 10/10 usually apply to us!)
10. Every time you get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, you trip over at least two foam rollers.
9. You think a balanced meal is a protein bar drizzled with an energy gel and chased with your favorite electrolyte drink.
8. You equate the word “bling” with a marathon medal around your neck rather than a rock on your finger. You also permanently wear a GPS watch instead of regular one because sometimes you randomly sprint down the office hallway and check pace just for fun.
7. You casually drop words like ultra, tempo, fartlek and BQ in your conversations.
6. Your delicate wash load is made up of sports bras and run shorts rather than lacy counterparts.
5. You can’t function unless you start your day with a runner’s high.
4. When asked who you’d most want to have lunch with, you respond with your favorite elite runner’s name. Kara Goucher, please!
3. You have more running shoes than high heels, and your idea of wearing flats is a minimalist shoe.
2. Your plan for a great bachelorette party is to do a destination race in wine country.
1. You’d rather run from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara than drive the distance. It’s just like doing a 100-mile race, right?
Paria Hassouri is a mother, a runner, a pediatrician, and a margarita enthusiast. She chronicles her running journey on her own blog, Mom On The Runsanity.