Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
This Thanksgiving, we’ve revisited a host of workout hits new and old in search of the tracks that best embody the big day’s themes. So, if you’re looking for tunes to score your festivities or a workout playlist to help you burn off those second helpings, the songs below set the mood in either case.
The list kicks off with an ode to returning home from Shania Twain and winds down with gratitude from Alanis Morrissette. In between, you’ll find tributes to family and friends from Mary J. Blige and LCD Soundsystem alongside calls for good times and joy from Chic and Three Dog Night. Finally, Kacey Musgraves portions out some sage advice–by way of food-related wordplay–in her hit “Biscuits.”
All of our picks are below, if you’re looking for something to fire up this week as you run, dine, and give thanks.
- Shania Twain – Honey, I’m Home – 81 BPM
- Mary J. Blige – Family Affair – 93 BPM
- Madonna – Holiday – 117 BPM
- Chic – Good Times – 110 BPM
- LCD Soundsystem – All My Friends – 143 BPM
- Pitbull – Back in Time – 126 BPM
- Phillip Phillips – Home – 121 BPM
- Three Dog Night – Joy to the World – 129 BPM
- Kacey Musgraves – Biscuits – 101 BPM
- Alanis Morrissette – Thank U – 92 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at Run Hundred. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.