Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
My health and fitness resolutions for 2010 are fairly straightforward. Since I struggled through the majority of 2009 with a variety of injuries, they mostly relate to getting back on track with quality training and racing. Here’s a smattering of what I’ll attempt to do:
- Join a gym in Boulder (where I recently moved), and reinstitute the habit of regular weight training
- Get some instruction on how to improve my weight training program so that I lift correctly and effectively
- Get back in the pool and build toward swimming with a Masters program again
- Build both speed and endurance into my running program, with the goal of a sub-3:30 PR at the Country Music Nashville Marathon
- Race a few shorter distance triathlons to get myself back in the racing groove and remember how much I love the thrill of competition
- Tackle the entire Boulder Triathlon Series, to get a taste of high-altitude competition in my new community
- Take advantage of the larger, more comfortable kitchen in my new residence and cook healthy meals on a regular basis
- Take frequent, long, relaxing soaks in the tub
How about you – what are some of your goals and aspirations for the New Year?
– Holly Bennett