Get access to everything we publish when you
sign up for Outside+.
THIS MONTH’S TRAINING TIP SPONSORED BY
Top reasons to train with heart rate during the off season:
- Takes the guess work out of your training.
- Gauges your intensity. The goal for off season training is to not over train, but recover from the previous season and stay fresh.
- Helps you try new, fun activities and keeps your training fresh with alternative workouts. With a Polar training computer, you can track your fitness during any activity (cross country skiing, hiking, racquetball, kickboxing classes, etc.)
- Helps you structure your weight training workouts more effectively (combine resistance and aerobic training.)
- The Polar OwnCal® feature tracks your calories “out” and helps get you through periods of increased calorie intake with minimal effect.
- Helps you keep your workout within the first 2 zones (light to medium intensity.)
- Keeps you motivated. A Polar training computer provides weekly workout summaries and tracks your progress to keep you motivated.
To learn more about Polar training computers, visit polarusa.com and facebook.com/polarusa.