Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We all know that Monday can be one of the toughest days of the week to muster up the motivation to run. That is exactly why we thought our readers would like a “top ten” list on this lovely Monday. So, here it is- Ton Ten Reasons To Run Today:
10. Every mile you run burns approximately 100 calories. Want to indulge a little? Go ahead. Just make sure you lace up your shoes and go for a run to balance out your tasty treat.
9. Your playlist on your iPod keeps you moving. Check out this site (http://runningmusicmix.com/), where songs are recommended based on their beats per minute (BPM). The idea is the faster the beat, the faster your pace.
8. Your running buddy is waiting. Whether your partner has two legs or four, running with a buddy can significantly increase your chances of sticking to your plan. Having a partner increases your accountability, which results in a higher completion rate. Besides, who can resist a run like this:
7. You’ve registered for a race or are planning to register for one. Feeling unprepared at the start line of a race is a bad feeling. Set your eye on the prize and go for it tiger (OK, maybe we went a little “Rocky” on you, but you get the point).
6. One word: Google. Race results are forever found on Google. Put your best foot forward by getting your training done.
5. Bathing suit season is next up on the calendar. It may be hard to believe now, but it’s true. It’s never too early to start preparing for that yellow polka dot bikini.
4. Running endorphins give you a natural high. Feeling stressed or like you’ve hit a wall on a project you’re working on? Go for run. Take advantage of nature’s feel-good hormones.
3. Rewards are around the corner. Set mini-goals and then award yourself when you achieve them. For example, run four times a week for one month and then treat yourself to a relaxing massage or a new running top. Whatever the reward is, make sure it’s something you’ll want to work for.
2. You never regret a run when it’s over. Period.
1. Because you can. There are so many legitimate reasons why people can’t run. If you can, don’t waste the opportunity. Get out and go for a run. We promise you’ll feel good when it’s done.