Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
As the World Athletics site states, ‘Hello, world. Meet Oregon.’ For the first time in the history of the competition, the World Athletics Championships is coming to the United States. To the hallowed ground of Hayward Field to be precise. These championships represent the largest athletics gathering to be on U.S. soil since the Olympic Games in Atlanta in 1996. Cue the splendor and fanfare, and we are all in at Women’s Running. For the next ten days our eyes will be glued to the competition, ready to report back on all the events (alongside fitting in our own training). Consider this our endurance event, and we’re taking it on.
It might take some elite level dexterity with the TV remote control to watch the championships, but that’s what we train for, right? Here’s all the information you need to tune in starting the morning of Friday July 15.
Be sure to follow Women’s Running on Instagram where we’ll be partnering with athletes and on-the-ground reporters to share live insights throughout the championships.
How to Watch the World Athletics Championships 2022
Be sure to get your own training done in the early morning so you can tune in to watch the best athletes in the world run, throw, and jump to the podiums on this championship stage. Here is the overview of the broadcast schedule to get you through the ten days of competition.
NBC (including Peacock and the NBC Sports app) is the primary network broadcaster. In addition to the television broadcasts listed below, there will be additional streaming on Peacock and the NBC Sports app.
|Day||Date||Time (PT)||Time (ET)||Network||Notes|
|Friday||07/15||5-8 p.m||8-11 p.m.||USA Network||Mixed 4 x 400m relay|
|Saturday||07/16||10:30 a.m. -12 p.m.||1:30-3 p.m.||CNBC|
|12-2 p.m||3-5 p.m.||NBC|
|5-6 p.m.||8-9 p.m.||CNBC|
|6-8 p.m.||9-11 p.m.||NBC|
|Sunday||07/17||6-8:30 a.m.||9-11:30 a.m.||CNBC||Men's Marathon|
|11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||2-4:30 p.m.||NBC|
|5-7 p.m.||8-10 p.m.||CNBC|
|7-8 p.m.||10-11 p.m.||NBC|
|Monday||07/18||6-9:30 a.m.||9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||USA Network||Women's Marathon|
|8:30-11:30 p.m.||11:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.||USA Network||Same day delayed broadcast|
|Tuesday||07/19||8:30-11:30 p.m.||11:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.||USA Network||Same day delayed broadcast|
|Wednesday||07/20||4:30-8:30p.m.||7:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.||USA Network||3000m Steeplechase final|
|Thursday||07/21||5-8 p.m.||8-11 p.m.||USA Network|
|Friday||07/22||5:30-8 p.m.||8:30-11 p.m.||USA Network||400m hurdles|
|Saturday||07/23||11 a.m.-12 p.m||2-3 p.m.||NBC|
|5-6 p.m.||8-9 p.m.||CNBC|
|6-7 p.m.||9-11 p.m.||NBC|
|Sunday||07/24||5-6 p.m.||8-9 p.m.||CNBC|
|6-7 p.m.||9-11 p.m.||NBC||800m, 100mH, 4x400m|
If you have a hankering to watch the action live and in-person–and have the means to get to Eugene and buy a ticket–there are still tickets available for all days of competition. Tickets range from $10 to $1600.
World Athletics Championships: Women’s Running Events
These are the women’s events we are going to be tuned into. All times are in Pacific Time.
Friday July 15th
- 4 x 400m mixed relay – heats – 11:45 a.m.
- 20k race walk – final – 1:10 p.m.
- 1500m – heats – 6:10 p.m.
- 4 x 400 mixed relay – final – 7:50 pm
Saturday July 16th
- 3000m steeplechase – heats – 10:35 a.m.
- 10,000m final – 12:20 p.m.
- 100m – heats – 5:10 p.m.
- 1500m – semi-finals – 7:05 p.m.
Sunday July 17th
- 100m hurdles heptathlon – 10:35 a.m.
- 400m – heats – 12:00 p.m.
- 100m – semi-finals – 5:33 p.m.
- 200m heptathlon – 6:38 p.m.
- 100m – final – 7:50 p.m.
Monday July 18th
- Marathon – 6:15 a.m.
- 200m – heats – 6:00 p.m.
- 800m – heptathlon – 6:55 p.m.
- 1500m – final – 7:50 p.m.
Tuesday July 19th
- 400m hurdles – heats – 5:15 p.m.
- 200m – semi-finals – 6:05 p.m.
Wednesday July 20th
- 5000m – heats – 4:25 p.m.
- 400m hurdles – semi-finals – 6:15 p.m.
- 400m semi-finals – 6:45 p.m.
Thursday July 21st
- 800m – heats – 5:10 p.m.
- 200m – final – 7:35 p.m.
Friday July 22nd
- 4 x 100m relay – heats – 5:40 p.m.
- 800m – semi-finals – 6:35 p.m.
- 400m – final – 7:15 p.m.
- 400m – hurdles – 7:50 p.m.
Saturday July 23rd
- 100m hurdles – 11:20 a.m.
- 4x400m relay – heats – 5:10 a.m.
- 5000m – final – 6:25 p.m.
- 4x100m relay- final – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday July 24th
- 800m – final – 6:35 p.m.
- 100m hurdles – final – 7:00 p.m.
- 4x400m relay – final – 7:50 p.m.