Ahh…the exciting, yet dreaded, running date. So you’ve found a really cute person who shares your love for the sport, and now he’s asked you out on the most perfect date possible: You’re going for a run together. At first you’re super pumped to show off your athleticism and do something you love with someone you’re into, but soon those typical pre-date jitters set in and you start to over-analyze the situation. Sure, you’d be doing the same before any date at all, but the fact that you’ll be jogging alongside your potential suitor adds more specific complications to the mix. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here are 25 thoughts every girl has while getting ready for a running date:
1. Which sneakers should I wear? My new ones are all shiny and nice but my old ones make it look like I’m a dedicated runner.
2. Where are those shorts I have that don’t ride up?
3. Or should I wear shorts that DO ride up?
4. Should I bring my iPod? I’m assuming I won’t need it but what if he decides to wear headphones the whole time?
5. Is there any way I can put makeup on but make it look like I’m not actually wearing makeup?
6. I hope I can keep up with him.
7. He said he didn’t mind going at an easy pace…but I don’t want to ruin his workout!
8. I should have trained for this!!!
9. I should have had pasta last night. Or bread.
10. When was the last time I even had carbs?!
11. Should I match my sports bra to my shoes? Now I’m just being ridiculous.
12. I hope one of my friends drives by us and honks so that he knows I have friends.
13. I hope I don’t sweat a lot. I’ll just wear a tank top. I mean, it’s November, but I really don’t want to sweat too much.
14. What if I sweat more than he does?
15. Better put some deodorant in between my boobs.
16. I need to hydrate but I really don’t want him to hear the water sloshing around in my stomach.
17. What if I trip and fall? I have tripped and fallen on so many runs before…
18. What are we even going to talk about?
19. What if he asks what my high school PRs were? My high school PRs were really not that impressive.
20. Wait, am I supposed to look at him when we talk? I’m not good at looking at people while I run.
21. What if I run into a tree and THEN fall?
22. What if he’s actually slower than me and then I have to awkwardly hang back?
23. I need to call him and cancel right now.
24. No, I need to calm down. This is going to be fun. This is just like any other normal run.
25. Ugh. Why does my stomach feel like it did right before my first marathon?
Did you think this was accurate? Check these out: