Race bib, timing chip, sunscreen...worried you'll forget something on race day? Consult this checklist the night before to make sure you're all set.
Adapted from Hansons First Marathon: Step Up to 26.2 the Hansons Way by Luke Humphrey and Keith and Kevin Hanson. Hansons First Marathon will help any runner who is new to the marathon train smart and find success at the marathon distance.
Your First Marathon Race-Day Checklist
After months of training, you’re finally ready to lace up your shoes and head to the start line. With all the excitement and nerves, you’ll want to make sure you don’t forget anything on the actual day. This handy checklist will help make sure you’re prepared!
- Shoes and socks
- Singlet and/or sports bra
- Water and/or sports drink
- Race number
- Timing chip
- Pins or race-number belt
- Energy gels
- Hat/ponytail holder/elastic
- Lip balm and/or sunscreen
- Pre- and post-race clothes
- Toilet paper or tissues
- Anti-chafing lubricant (Body Glide or petroleum jelly)
- Band-Aids to protect nipples (for the guys)
- Gloves/arm warmers
- Throwaway shirt and/or pants
- Equipment check bag containing post-race gear
- Directions to start and pre-race instructions