Take this playlist on full-throttle or cherry-pick your favorites when you need a little inspiration to get moving.
10 Motivational Songs For Your Next Run
When discussing workout music, it’s easy to frame it within the context of tempo and pace. Having said that, the lyrics often play an equally important role in keeping your body in motion—particularly when you’re ready to quit. To that end, this week’s playlist highlights songs with messages that’ll propel you onward.
The list kicks off with one remix from Taylor Swift and closes out with another from Fatboy Slim. In both those cases—as well as with Flux Pavilion’s perennial favorite “I Can’t Stop”—the tempos err on the slower end. But what they lack in speed, they make up for in energy. Moving on to the more conventional tracks, you’ll find Prince challenging you to “Fixurlifeup” and Skrillex remixing an ode to perspiration from The Doors.
Closing with the pop hits, you’ll find an extended mix of a Swedish House Mafia favorite “Save the World” while Pitbull and Shakira team up to “Get It Started.” Given the wealth of optimism at work here, you can easily use the playlist below wholesale or cherry-pick power tracks for your existing mixes. Either way, when you’re ready for a pick-me-up, you can find our picks below.
- Taylor Swift – Ready for It (BloodPop Remix) – 80 BPM
- Imagine Dragons – On Top of the World – 100 BPM
- Swedish House Mafia – Save the World (Extended Mix) – 126 BPM
- Prince & 3RDEYEGIRL – Fixurlifeup – 122 BPM
- Flux Pavilion – I Can’t Stop – 72 BPM
- Calvin Harris & Ne-Yo – Let’s Go – 130 BPM
- Martin Garrix & Third Party – Lions in the Wild – 128 BPM
- Skrillex & The Doors – Breakn’ a Sweat – 140 BPM
- Pitbull & Shakira – Get It Started – 129 BPM
- Fatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now (Friction & Killer Hertz Remix) – 87 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at Run Hundred. Visitors can browse song selections there by genre, tempo and era to find the music that best fits their particular workout routines.