If you're debating about running 26.2 but aren't sure you can handle it, this short list will help you find the answer you're looking for.
Do you have the marathon on the brain but aren’t sure if you’re ready to conquer your first one? I’m here to help! I’m giving you 10 signs that say you are in fact ready to click ‘register’ and sign up for your first marathon.
- Long runs bring you joy.
- Completing 13.1 was a challenge, but you know you can accomplish more.
- You don’t have any injuries.
- Hard work doesn’t scare you.
- You have been running consistently for at least one year (two years is even better).
- Running is your favorite form of exercise.
- You are willing to sacrifice a little bit of your social life so that you can have time to run all the miles.
- There’s nothing you love more than a good challenge.
- You prefer longer distance races (13.1, 10-mile, 10K) over shorter distance races (1-mile, 5K).
- You can’t stop thinking about it.
If all 10 of these things apply to you, then I think it’s time for you to bite the bullet and sign-up for your first marathon. It will be an adventure you never forget!