Let super easy—and healthy—chicken pot pie recipe simmer all day and you'll have comfort food waiting for you after your run.
You don’t need to slave over the stove to have a healthy and filling comfort food dinner. This recipe calls for a slow cooker to cook up a delicious meal while you run (or work or clean—or whatever). This Chicken Pot Pie only requires a handful of ingredients and swaps out the usual cream and butter for greek yogurt—so it’s not packed with extra calories.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cup diced onions
- 1.5 – 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 16 oz bag frozen veggies
- 1.25 cups plain greek yogurt
- Salt, pepper, garlic salt, parsley and/or Italian seasoning
- Can of refrigerated biscuits
- Place chicken in slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour in chicken broth (I carefully pour it down the side so the seasonings stay in place). Top with diced onions. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Shred cooked chicken in slow cooker. Stir to let it collect some of the juices then discard the extra broth remaining in slow cooker. Add frozen veggies and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- While it cooks, combine greek yogurt and 1 Tbsp garlic salt and 1 Tbsp parsley or Italian seasoning plus salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Bake biscuits.
- When chicken/veggies are done add greek yogurt and mix.
- Serve topped with a hot biscuit. For leftovers, wrap chicken and veggies in a tortilla. Enjoy!