You read 'em, commented on 'em and shared 'em—here are your top picks from the past year.
As 2015 comes to a close (can you believe it?), we are reflecting on some of your favorites from the last year. Here are the top-20 hits from the last 365 days of running and training:
1. What Running Looks Like For A U.S. Soccer Player – Thanks to a big year for the women’s U.S. soccer team and the great Abby Wambach hanging up her cleats, running and soccer were all the rage for our readers. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s kind of amazing how much those rockstars run in one game.
2. This Woman Ran A Marathon On Her Period Without A Tampon – M.I.A. drummer Kiran Gandhi made controversial headlines when she opted to skip the tampon during her period and run 26.2 miles. Her reasoning was valid, but people debated if that was truly the case.
3. Meet Erica Schenk, Our August Cover Runner – We are still blown away by the positive response to our August cover featuring Erica Schenk. Everyone, from our awesome readers to socialite Kylie Jenner, had something to say about Erica, and we were delighted to have her as our cover runner this year.
4. 0 To 5K To Half Marathon Training Plan – Happy New Year!
5. June Running Playlist – Summer was the perfect time to pump up the jams this year.
6. Elite Stephanie Bruce Says This Happens In First 7 Minutes – The runner, mama of two and elite athlete had something to say about getting through the beginning of the run, and you all had to agree with her.
8. Finally! Top Tips To Tone Up And Debloat – If weight loss and/or toning it up are on your resolution list, start 2016 off right with these popular tips from 2015.
10. Run A Half Marathon In 4 Weeks With Our Beginner Plan – Enough said.
11. Ditch The Bloat By Avoiding These Foods – Summer is still a ways away, but no one wants to feel that drag of the bloat in the winter.
12. This Product Will Save You Some Embarrassment – No one wants leakage during the run.
13. 8-Week Beginner Run/Walk Half Marathon Plan – So everyone loved training plans in 2015, and this one is perfect for that resolution to COMPLETE YOUR FIRST HALF.
14. What It’s Really Like To Run A Half Marathon As Told By Mindy Kaling GIFs – Who doesn’t love one of the greatest comedians on television? We love it more when her mannerisms and one-liners describe how we feel. Plus Kelly Roberts at Run, Selfie, Repeat is hilarious!
15. New Handheld Safety Device Lets Every Runner Be Catwoman – There are more and more safety gadgets hitting the market for runners, and we are torn between feeling annoyed that they are even necessary and loving that they exist. This was one of your favorites from the batch.
16. This Runner Chooses To Unapologetically Keep Running – Dorothy Beal, aka Mile Posts, had it right with this post about never having to say you’re sorry on the run.
18. How To Avoid The Dreaded Camel Toe – Readers on Facebook had strong comments on whether or not this was something to be concerned about. Some are, most seemed not to be.
19. Things Runners Do That Annoy Everyone Else – Yes, we are an annoying group to those who don’t understand our language.
20. Places You Should Never Put Your Phone While Running – Thanks to our friends at Run Haven, we now know what not to do with our favorite device.